This is a slightly different post from me, no reviews or science facts! Nevertheless, this is even better because I was nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award by The Confessions of a Cosmetics Addict. Thank you so much, I am absolutely honoured!
Get a cup of coffee and check out her blog, she has some lovely posts on different subjects including make up howls and reviews, Elephants, Elephants and more Elephants and some lovely green nails too!
I like her blog for many reasons. Firstly, let’s start with the name. It is relatable and let’s be honest, we all have a cosmetic addict in us. The name also makes me smile. Confessions of a cosmetics addict sounds light-hearted and relatable and that is also what you get in her posts too.
The posts are written in an interesting way that makes you want to keep reading and she includes a lot of pictures too. She writes about products that are in the current market and spotlight and is not afraid to give her honest opinion. That’s how a true blogger and reviewer should be!
She is an active blogger that blogs regularly and doesn’t talk about the same products or subjects all the time, which keeps you on your toes guessing what the next post will be!
She also recently had a stomach bug that she jokingly described as “the plague”, exactly what I mean about the light-hearted and interesting writing. It made me laugh at least! The Confessions of a Cosmetics Addict hope you are feeling better now and thank you once again for the nomination. Absolutely honoured x
Other than the honour of being nominated for the Liebster Award, the main purpose of this is to promote and discover other blogs which personally, I am more than happy to do. I think the beauty and fitness community can be very loving and I am proud to be a part of it. It’s also a great way to learn a little bit more about each other, as each blogger has to answer a few questions that come with the nomination.
And with that comes my turn to nominate 11 bloggers for the award but first here’s the award rules and answers to the questions asked by The Confessions of a Cosmetics Addict.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write 150-300 words about the blogger that nominated you (2017 rule).
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Ask the bloggers 11 questions.
For more info check out: The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017
Answering The Confessions of a Cosmetics Addict questions:
1. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I don’t have a specific item that I am actively collecting but I guess I have been subconsciously collecting beauty boxes. I get a lot of subscription beauty boxes every month that sometimes have different designs and themes. Despite my attempts to keep a decluttered and organised house, I tend to keep around the pretty ones! Always need more makeup storage right?
2. If a film was made of your life, which famous actor/actress would you have play the part of you and why?
Hmmm..That’s a difficult question. I think it would have to be Angelina Jolie (I WISH) because she is a brunette like me and can do both the “sporty” and “pretty” roles well. I am a gym junkie (Lara Croft style) and of course I love beauty and makeup so it would have to be an actress that can do both roles. I am also a Chemist by profession and I’m pretty sure Angelina Jolie would look good in a lab coat!
3. What do you consider to be your best quality?
I’d like to think that I can explain complex things in an easy way without loosing or skipping too much information. This is after all the purpose of my science infused fitness and beauty blog so I hope I’m not too bad at it!
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I honestly don’t know. I’ve gone through many changes and character defining moments in my life and I have reached a point where I accept and I’m happy with who I am.
5. How do you prefer to spend your spare time?
I love exercising not only because it keeps my abs going but also because it gives me energy, strength, confidence and positivity. It’s amazing how not going to the gym for a week or two can get you feeling depressed! Those feel good hormones are not a myth! I also love decluttering my make up collection because it’s an excuse to go through it all!
6. What are your favourite make-up brands and why?
My top 3 make up brands are: Estée Lauder, Too Faced (which is owned by Estée Lauder but that’s a coincidence I love them, for them) and Urban Decay. We are fortunate enough to live at a time when there are so many good quality brands and products, I just picked these three because they are the ones I use most items from on a daily basis. I love them for many reasons but mainly because they offer quality products consistently.
7. Recommend a favourite book and/or film and tell me why you recommend it.
I recommend the film “Equilibrium”, 2002 with Christian Bale. I think that the concept of that movie, “how would it be to live in a world where emotion is an offence” is very interesting and different than other movies. There is also some great action and a hot guy!
8. Where would you most like to visit and why?
I’d love a holiday in Bora Bora…looks like such a dream place. One day, one day!
9. What’s your favourite food?
Protein! I am a fitness junkie and a carnivore so the first thing I look for in food is the protein. Maybe a nice steak!
10. What’s you’re favourite drink?
Coffee. Can’t do anything without a coffee in the morning. It is the catalyst of creativity!
11. What would your super power be?
I’d love to read peoples’ minds. I find human behaviour very interesting.
I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster award:
- Island Beauty Junkie
- Sea of Beauty
- Minnie VII
- Makeup and the Purple Loba
- Feeding Your Beauty
My questions to the nominees are:
- What is your favourite cosmetic brand and why?
- What is your favourite place in the world and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you have any pets? (pictures or it never happened)
- Name you 3 holy grail beauty products and why they are holy grail.
- If you birthday was tomorrow, what would you ask for? (physical gifts)
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
- If you could go 10 years back, what would you tell yourself?
- If you had to wear just 1 colour for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your best attribute?
- What was the most challenging moment in your blogging experience and why?
Thanks again The Confessions of a Cosmetics Addict for nominating me. I hope you enjoyed this post and discovered some interesting blogs from my nominee list. I definitely had fun writing this post. A science infused post is coming tomorrow!
I am not affiliated with any company or brand. These are my views and experiences.
This article is from www.bonds-of-beauty.com but you can also find me on:
I am also part of Influenster as Bonds B.